How to apply to become an IN LSAMP Scholar:
Becoming a funded scholar is a competitive process. Selecting the right candidate for our program is based on several criteria, with a particular emphasis placed on supporting racial and ethnic groups historically underrepresented who wish to become a scientist or engineer in a STEM disciplines identified by NSF LSAMP. Campus Director/Coordinators select scholars for their campus.
Download PDF of application to review sections prior to starting submission
You must meet all eligibility criteria:
- United States citizen or permanent resident
- Member of a historically underrepresented racial and ethnic minority group in STEM discipline (African American, Alaska Native, American Indian, Hispanic, Native Hawaiian and Native Pacific Islander
- Undergraduate full-time currently enrolled for classes at an IN LSAMP Campus
- Enrolled in a STEM major that qualifies under the LSAMP NSF STEM Classification of Instructional Programs
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 (out of 4.0).
- Committed to participate in LSAMP activities including professional development, academic and social enrichment.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following spring 2023 IN LSAMP positions:
- Learning Assistant/Tutor at Ivy Tech Community College
Application Deadline: December 15, 2022.
Summer 2023 Positions
To be considered for a summer 2023 research scholar position at Ball State University, IU Bloomington, IU Northwest, IU South Bend, IUPUI, or Ivy Tech Community College, please check back soon for application deadlines.
Incomplete or ineligible applications will not be considered.